May 20, 2020

My First Solo Trip (Part IV) - MATSUMOTO/TOKYO


Here comes the last part of my solo trip to Japan. Decided to spend one day at Matsumoto city before going back to Tokyo. Matsumoto (松本) is the second largest city in Nagano Prefecture. It is most famous for Matsumoto Castle, one of Japan's most beautiful original castles. Matsumoto Castle is one of the most complete and beautiful castle among Japan's original castles. It is a "hirajiro" - a castle built on plains rather than on a hill or mountain. Matsumoto Castle is unique for having both a secondary donjon and a turret adjoined to its main keep. The castle is also very unique in its black colour which makes it distinct from the rest of the castles in Japan. There's also free tour guide there who will explain to you the history and design of the castle.


Matsumoto is where the famous artist, Yayoi Kusama was born and raised. The first thing that caught my eye upon reaching Matsumoto was the cute bus with polka dots, which is the signature arts by Yayoi Kusama. If you are interested in her artwork, be sure not to miss Matsumoto City Museum of Art where it showcases Yayoi Kusama's artwork. There's polka dots everywhere in the museum, you will see polka dots coca cola vending machine, polka dots chairs, polka dots sculptures, etc. I had so much fun taking photo with this vibrant and vivid background! Paid 410 Yen for the exhibition and it was so worth it!! No photo taking so no photos to show but it's an incredible exhibition, please visit the exhibition if you can!


Transportation:
Matsumoto to Shinjuku: http://willerexpress.com/en/

Accommodation:
First Cabin Hotel
-This was actually my first time to try capsule hotel and I love it so much!! The hotel is so so so clean and well maintained and I had a really good rest on my last night of the trip.

Meal:
Luke's Lobster is so so so yum!!! Went to the one at Shinjuku with my luggage before checking in to the hotel hahaha! The lobster roll is full of big chunks of lobster meat..omg I miss it so much T.T


Yeay, this conclude my first solo trip to Japan!!! Was really glad that I chose Japan to be the destination and I enjoyed myself so so so much! One of the perks of travelling alone is you can have the time entirely to yourself without having to cater to others, hahahahah!! To be honest, Japan is really very suitable for solo traveller! The people there are generally nice and helpful. Most of them can speak basic English so I feel there's no problem to communicate even if you don't understand Japanese. I miss Japan more after I documented down this solo adventure, hopefully I will get to visit this amazing country again soon! :)

Till then!

My First Solo Trip (Part I) - TOKYO TEAMLAB PLANETS
My First Solo Trip (Part II) - KAMIKOCHI TAISHO POND

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature