May 15, 2020

My First Solo Trip (Part III) - KAMIKOCHI MYOJIN

//Spent close to one hour to take this shot...opps hehe

Soaked in the onsen for the last time in the early morning before I headed back to Kamikochi Bus Terminal for my 2nd trekking in Kamikochi. Had a really homey and yummy breakfast served by the hotel, what a good start for the day hehe! The staff there is really friendly and helpful, I'm really glad that I asked him for the instruction to go to Matsumoto just to ensure what I understood was correct because I actually make a mistake on the transportation and timing, lol!! Took a bus back to Kamikochi Bus Terminal to start my trekking to Myojin, look how cute the bus stop is!


Just like the day before, I started my trekking from Kamikochi Bus Terminal. Remember to always book your return ticket before you started trekking because the bus timing is really limited and the tickets sold out pretty fast. I went to Kappa Bridge 1st which is only 5 mins walking distance from Kamikochi Bus Station, this explains why the bridge is always full of tourists especially tour groups hahaha! Took some photo there and continue my trekking to Myojin! It's about 3.4km from Kappa Bridge. There's two iconic places in Myojin which is the Myojin Bridge and Myojin Pond. Spent quite some time at the Myojin Pond to take the perfect shot, I think I spent close to one hour there? Hahaha!!

Anyway, I saw a lot people wearing some bells on their bag and I was wondering what are those for. And then I saw this notice outside the toilet's notice board...omg there's actually wild boars at this area and you might actually spot them. I didn't know this at all! Luckily I didn't spot a bear along the way..lol! The bells are actually bear bells to alert the bear since the bells don't sound like any natural forest noise, and bears almost always want to avoid people so the bear bells will keep the bears away.

Lunch was hot soba at this little eatery near Myojin Pond, simple yet comforting. Went to this hidden cafe, Cafe Dokoisyo afterwards since I have plenty of time to spend before trekking back to Kamikochi Bus Terminal. There's literally no one at the cafe except the cafe owner and her friends, lol! It was really nice to spend some quiet moment at this cafe.


Transportation:
Kamikochi > Matsumoto
-First you have to take a bus from Kamikochi Bus Terminal to Shin-Shimashima and change to a local train to Matsumoto Station. The whole journey took about 2 hours. Please note that there'll be a number indicated on your bus ticket and the staff there will call out the number for passengers to board the bus. 

Accommodation:
Aplico Plaza Hotel (Strongly recommended!!) 
-The hotel is just beside the Matsumoto Station, super convenient for me as I'm taking bus back to Tokyo from there the next day. 



To Be Continued...



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature